|(from left to right) Union of Turkish Bar Associations President Metin Feyzioglu, House Small Business Committee Chairman and Foreign Affairs Committee Member Congressman Steve Chabot (R-OH/1st), and TCA President G. Lincoln McCurdy|
On September 20-21, 2016, the Turkish Coalition of America (TCA) hosted a delegation from the Union of Turkish Bar Associations (TBB). The delegation was led by President Metin Feyzioglu and included members Umit Herguner, and Izzet Gunes Gurseler. TCA hosted a reception on Capitol Hill for the delegation, which was attended by Representatives and Turkey Caucus members Frank Guinta (R-NH/1st), Tom MacArthur (R-NJ/3rd), and Steve Chabot (R-OH/1st). Also in attendance, were staff from the offices of Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats Subcommittee Chairman Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA/48th); Europe Eurasia, and Emerging Threats Subcommittee Ranking Member Gregory Meeks (D-NY/5th); Dan Lipinski (D-IL/3rd); Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO/5th); and Marcy Kaptur (D/OH-9th).
- Amazon will donate .5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Turkish Coalition of America
- AmazonSmile offers the same products, prices, and services as Amazon
- You can use your existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile
- On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select Turkish Coalition of America to receive eligible purchases before you begin shopping
- Start your shopping at smile.amazon.com!
|Since the launch of TCA’s Syrian Refugee Campaign in June 2016, TCA has distributed humanitarian grants to several organizations working directly on the ground with Syrian refugees in Turkey. These organizations include Refugee Volunteers of Izmir (ReVi), Butun Cocuklar Bizim (All Children are Ours), and Sureli Destek (Periodic Support).|
|Children working on art projects at one of ReVi's schools in Izmir|
There is still time to apply for TCA's 3rd Annual Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress to be held November 3-6, 2016 in Washington, DC. Applications are due by Monday, September 19, 2016.
The Youth Leadership Congress is open to undergraduate/graduate students and recent graduates of Turkish American heritage who wish to become active in American civic and political life, contribute to U.S.-Turkey relations and the Turkish American community, and who are committed to advancing the TCA mission.read more
|The Turkish Coalition of America expresses its deepest appreciation and gratitude to the Hon. Ed Whitfield of Kentucky who resigned from the U.S. Congress at the end of August. Whitfield was the co-founder of the Congressional Caucus on U.S.-Turkey Relations and Turkish Americans and of the Congressional Study Group on Turkey (CGST) of the U.S. Association of Former Members of Congress (USAFMC). As a member of Congress, he was an ardent supporter of the U.S.-Turkey relationship and a voice on Capitol Hill for Turkish Americans.|
- TCA Newsletter, August 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, July 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, June 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, May 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, April 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, March 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, February 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, January 2016read more
- TCA Newsletter, December 2015read more
- TCA Newsletter, November 2015read more
- TCA Newsletter, October 2015read more